To schedule your free tour of the Silicon Valley Advanced Water Purification Center click here. Please call 408.630.3533 for more information.
The Santa Clara Valley Water District provides public tours of the Purification Center, allowing members of the community to witness the state-of-the-art technology in operation. Public tours are provided in English. Multi-lingual tours are available upon request.
- Please complete the registration form for each member of your party. For groups of three (3) or more, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- This is a walking tour that takes about approximately 90 minutes. Please plan for an hour or more.
- Please arrive 15 minutes prior to your tour and please check in at the Visitor Center as soon as you arrive.
- We will not accommodate walk-ins, so please do not bring extra guests unless they have pre-registered prior.
- Tours may be cancelled with 48-hour notice when minimum tour registry is not met.
Children & Safety Requirements:
- Children must be over the age of 10 as it is not advisable for small children to attend for safety reasons and due to the technical nature of the tour.
- Children under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult/ guardian at all times.
- For safety purposes, sturdy closed-toe shoes are required for all participants as this is a walking tour of a working plant.
- High heels and sandals are not permitted.
- Please check the weather and dress appropriately for both outdoor/ indoor setting. Light rain will not cancel walking tour.
- Failure to comply with protocol will prohibit one’s participation in the tour.
- Carpool is highly encouraged as parking is extremely limited.
- Once your tour ends, please promptly exit as parking spaces are needed for the next group.
While still photography of the tour is allowed and encouraged, please note that any type of filming using video camera, mobile device, tablets or other electronic devices is strictly prohibited and against District policies. Press requests for media interviews or footage, should be coordinated directly with the District’s Media Relations Team. To submit a request, please contact the media team directly at 408-630-9265 to arrange a separate media tour/ media interview with a subject matter expert. The Water District reserves the right to ask visitors or unescorted media that do not comply with these policies to leave the tour.